Technology is innovating at an exponential rate, and many of the new gadgets being made available to consumers are geared toward the encouragement of putting a lighter strain on the environment. As the winter approaches, we are preparing to heat our homes, and this involves having your furnace inspected, changing your filters, and lighting the pilot. While these are all necessary and beneficial things to do in order to best protect you from unexpected breakdowns and high energy bills, there’s another task you should put on your to-do list that can save you the most.
What Are Smart Thermostats?
Whether you have never heard of a smart thermostat or don’t understand how they work, this exciting technology is worth looking into. Among their various beneficial features include:
- Ability to control both your home’s heating and air conditioning remotely using any type of Wi-Fi connection
- Ability to be preprogrammed to turn the heating or cooling system on or off when the indoor temperature reaches a certain level
- Availability of detailed system information on an easy-to-read website as well as the ability to change settings no matter where you may be
- Easy-to-read LCD touch screen
- Ability to schedule the heat or air to turn on shortly before you come home from work so you’re not heating or cooling an empty house all day
Easier to Implement Than You May Think
Having a new programmable thermostat installed is easier than you may think. Your local HVAC professional can have the unit quickly in place. The cost for the thermostat varies, but a reliable unit can usually be purchased for around $150. Considering the savings you receive over the next several years, this is a wise investment that will certainly pay for itself over time.
St. George Heating and Air Conditioning offers the very best when it comes to Heating and Air Conditioning services and repairs.
We are locally owned and operated right here in St. George, Utah.
Give us a call we can help you with your Heating and Air Conditioning Needs.